1. Jeans or leggings – If you have a single pair of jeans or leggings, you can wear them multiple times with different tops, and no one will be any the wiser. You can dress them up with heels or dress them down with flats, and they’re versatile from day to night. Both items are perfect for the plane ride as well, especially if you’re headed out to sightsee straight from the airport.
2. A black shirt – A black shirt can serve as the perfect canvas for creating multiple outfits. You can mix and match jewelry with it, add a scarf or even throw on a jacket for a completely different look. Plus, you can add color in your shoes or purse to complement any other accessories you choose to wear. And of course, it doesn’t hurt that black slims your figure.
3. Jacket – No matter how hot your destination, you never know when you’ll find yourself in a cold restaurant or caught in a chilly breeze. A basic jacket can transform almost any outfit from casual to dressy.
4. Flats – When you’re on vacation, chances are you’ll be doing more walking around than usual. Flats are the perfect marriage of style and practicality; you’ll look good walking around town without punishing your feet.
5. Heels – They may not be the most practical shoe, but when you’re trying to look good, adding heels can give you that extra boost of confidence for a night out. Not only do they lengthen and slim your leg line, but if you don’t usually wear them, they’ll make your vacation an even more special occasion. Just make sure to bring along some Dr. Scholl’s if you’re prone to foot pain!
Fall Fashion Trends
What to wear: This fall, Leibowitz says we can expect to see monochromatic colors such as burgundy and charcoal gray as well as striped fabrics. Also, the combination of dark blue and black, which was once considered a major fashion don’t, is making a splash on the runways — as long as the blue has enough contrast to stand apart from the black. Also look out for pops of color in places you wouldn’t expect. Colored pants can make a fun statement when paired with a more subtle neutral top and shoe. Another major fashion trend is metallic clothing and accessories. From shiny fabrics to studs and rhinestones, Leibowitz says she’s chosen fall merchandise that will make her customers say, “Wow.”
What not to wear: Another big trend this fall are belts, both big and small, which Leibowitz says women should wear with caution. “They can make you look like a sausage, or they can make you look great,” she says. “They cut you in half, and it breaks the line. You just have to be careful of where it cuts you.”