With Cleveland Beer Week kicking off in just a few short days, the thought of weeding through the hundreds of events throughout the nine-day beer extravaganza can be quite exhausting.
Here are our picks for must-attend events during Cleveland's celebration of craft beer.
- The Bell's IPA Trifecta at Melt on Friday, Oct. 19 will treat visitors at all three Melt locations to a triple whammy of three fantastic India Pale Ales from Bell's Brewery. Year-round release Two-Hearted Ale will be on hand as well seasonal rarities The Oracle and Hopsoulution.
- On Saturday, Oct. 20, all Heinen's locations will be tapping Thirsty Dog's Alpha Male IPA, made by award-winning homebrewer Mike Malinowski.
- Beer Engine Stout and Brunch on Sunday, Oct. 21 will offer up some of the best stouts around and pair them with such delicious dishes as Steak and Eggs, Chocolate Chip Pancakes and Spent Grain French Toast. After breakfast, head on down to Lizardville in Bedford Heights for a tapping of Hoppin Frog's Cleveland Crusher, a Cleveland Beer Week exclusive.
- On Wednesday, Oct. 24, Tremont Tap House will designate their taps to Columbus Brewing Company, where Sohio Stout (an American stout brewed with locally roasted coffee beans) as well as casks of dry-hopped Bodhi (their amazing double IPA) and habanero-fused Bodhi will be available.
- Come visit Mike Watters of Troegs Brewing on Friday, Oct. 26 at Rozi's Wine House in Lakewood as they pour seven different Troegs beers. There will be a couple "Scratch Beers" (beers typically only available at the Pennsylvania brewery) on tap along with Flying Mouflan and a few other surprise brews.
- Stout Night at Deagan's Kitchen and Bar, also on Friday, will include such heavy hitters as Epic's Big Bad Baptist, Stone's Russian Imperial Stout and Founder's Imperial Stout.
- BREWzilla, the monster of all beer tastings, will take place on Saturday, Oct. 27 from 6-10 p.m. at the Galleria at Erieview in downtown Cleveland and will feature more than 80 breweries, a special “Ohio Brewery” area and appetizers that pair well with craft beer.
For a complete list of events, check out the official Cleveland Beer Week website.