The quick check list of accoutrement for your film festival experience (not necessarily in order of importance). Print it. Check it. Double Check it. Trust me on the eye drops:
- Bottle(s) of Water, juice,etc. (Whiskey is heavily frowned upon though)
- Ibuprofen - for minor aches and pains associated with extend film viewing
- Pen and paper for note taking (if you're into that sort of thing.)
- Eyedrops - this should be an obvious one, but, much to my dismay, this had not occurred to me soon enough last year.
- Film itinerary - take the time to plan ahead (not forgetting that you have to eat!) I use the film schedule in the Program Guide and highlight my Gotta/Gonna See films.
- Small snacks ALREADY REMOVED FROM THEIR NOISY WRAPPERS (put 'em in a plastic baggy) (check this genius out!)
- TUMMS - the wonderful intensity of some films may cause a touch of acid reflux
- An extra jacket, sweater, or anything easy to carry that can be balled up for extra back support for those multiple-film days
- The most comfortable and relaxing shoes you own (slippers, if you can get 'em in your bag!)
- Someone you care about - you've gotta share the experience!
- Patience - Not everyone will be as silent as you or I would like.
- PLEASE don't wear excessive perfume, cologne, lotions or any other unnecessary scented accouterment.
- On that note: Gas-X ... because leaving your cellphone on isn't the only way to ruin a filmgoers experience.
My final list of Gotta/Gonna See films will be up later today. Enjoy!
See you there! I'll be the guy in pajamas, a winter coat and blue slippers.