The Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure Series is the world’s largest and most successful education and fundraising event for breast cancer ever created. The event raises significant funds and awareness for the breast cancer movement, celebrates breast cancer survivorship and honors those who have lost their battle with the disease.
The Akron Race for the Cure starts at Firestone Stadium and ends at Firestone Country Club. Whether you walk, run, volunteer or donate, your support is helping us save lives and provide priceless support to those in need.
100% of the net proceeds from the Akron Race for the Cure are allocated to our mission. 75 percent of the net income stays in our community to help fund local programs offering breast health education and breast cancer screening and treatment. The remaining 25 percent of the net income supports the Susan G. Komen® Research Grants Program.
More info and registration at http://www.komenneohio.org.